Warsaw, 4 November 1949. Irena Skonieczna (MA), acting as a member of the Main Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Poland, heard the person named below, who testified as follows:

Name and surname Anna Kościukiewicz, née Łuksza
Date and place of birth 23 July 1905, Riga
Parents’ names Jerzy and Zofia, née Łuksza
Father’s occupation office worker
Citizenship and nationality Polish
Religious affiliation Roman Catholic
Education secondary
Occupation nurse
Place of residence Warsaw, aleja 3 Maja 2, flat 129
Criminal record none

When the Warsaw Uprising broke out, I was at home at aleja 3 Maja 2.

On the morning of 3 August, at around 6.00 a.m., the Germans broke down the gate that had been barricaded on the first day of the Uprising. I heard them shouting orders to leave the house, which had by then caught fire. We all went out into the street. There the Germans – Wehrmacht soldiers – separated the men from the women. The women were placed for a short while in the shed near the bridge at Wioślarska Street. The men were detained under the viaduct. I witnessed – as did a great many other people – the Germans ordering a number of them to lie face down on the ground. Some of the women, myself amongst them, managed to return home to gather a few belongings. But when I wanted to return to the group of women who were in the shed, the Germans did not allow me to. In any case, there were no longer any women or men on this side of the bridge. The Germans ordered all of them to walk over to the other side of the Vistula. I learned later, after the Uprising, from Wacław Samol (currently resident in the house at aleja 3 Maja 2, flat 22) that the men who were lying face down on the ground under the viaduct did not go along with the rest to the other side of the Vistula.

It is unknown what happened to them. I heard that none of them have returned to date.

When I was in the courtyard of our house on 3 August, after the entire population had already been taken to the other side of the Vistula, four more men exited the basement of our house. They sat in the courtyard for three hours or so, and thereafter were led away somewhere by the Germans. They too vanished into the blue.

On 12 September 1944 I was led through the "Ateneum", where the Germans had gathered the remaining civilian population of Powiśle, to the church in Wolska Street, and from there transported by train to Pruszków.

At this point the report was concluded and signed.