Maria Majorowska, resident in Anin at Krakowska Street 21.
The mother of the executed Tadeusz Majorowski

Towards the end of 1941, my son escaped from forced labor in Germany. While in hiding, he established contacts with the group led by Kopaliński and Górski.

He admitted as much when she found a pistol under his pillow. He tried to calm her down, saying that if nobody sacrificed themselves for Poland, the country would always be enslaved.

It is known that they sensed betrayal and intended to move to a different location.

On 28 February 1942, her son Tadeusz came to his workplace – Fuchs’ factory in Warsaw – and told those present about what had happened in the “Wioletta” villa and how he had escaped.

He told how they had cleared a path for themselves with grenades and escaped through a window, and that some of them had proceeded in the direction of Wiśniowa Góra, while the rest had walked along the frozen Vistula to Warsaw.

She was in regular contact with her son, who for some time hid in Warsaw together with Truchlewski. During their meetings he would say that they were waiting for documents that would allow them to get to Lwów, where they planned to join the partisans.

In the meantime, three members of the organization were captured in Saska Kępa and – in all probability under extreme duress – revealed the hiding place of the others.

But the ambush organized there was unsuccessful, for the boys had been forewarned and left for the countryside. The Germans, having picked up their trail, followed them there – once again, however, they managed to escape, this time to the forest and from there to Warsaw.

My son went to the house where he was to receive documents, but the Nazis had set a trap there. He was arrested and taken to Daniłowiczowska Street.

She went to Daniłowiczowska Street and, through bribery, managed to see her son a few times while he was being taken to interrogations. Once, when she was able to talk with him, he expressed resentment towards the organization due to the fact that no attempt had been made to free him.

When on 29 April 1942 she brought her son some dinner, she was told that he no longer needed dinners and that she should go to the cemetery in Wawer.

When she went to the War Victims’ Cemetery, she saw three carts standing by the gate; they were carrying the bodies of the executed men. All had been cruelly beaten. The commandant of the State Police station in Międzylesie organized the burial.

Maria Majorowska was herself arrested and asked where her son could be hiding. After a few hours, however, she was released. She thinks that this was due to a certificate which she received from her workplace, for it helped her support her claim that while she was at work, she was unable to observe what her son was up to.