concerning mass executions and mass graves
1. Date and place of execution:
Spring of 1944.
2. Type of execution (shooting, hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles only.
Number of murdered victims: 3.
The victims were brought in from: Staszów, along the Staszów–Sandomierz road.
Surname, age, occupation, address: All that is known is that the victims were young men.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
According to the data gathered, the executed were accused of membership in clandestine Polish organizations.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
The Gestapo and the gendarmerie.
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (provide the surnames if known)?
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise?
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
In the woods near Łoniów.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
A common grave, about two meters long and a meter and a half wide.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
The exhumation was not conducted. The corpses were buried in the woods near Łoniów.
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 20 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially confirmed by the head of Łoniów commune, Stanisław Klimkiewicz, with the Municipal Court in Sandomierz.