On 21 February 1948 in Radom, the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes with its seat in Radom, this in the person of a member of the Commission, lawyer Zygmunt Glogier, interviewed the person mentioned hereunder as a witness, without taking an oath. Having been advised of the criminal liability for making false declarations, the witness testified as follows:

Name and surname Ryszard Krakowiak
Age 25 years old
Parents’ names Jan and Zofia
Place of residence Kośna Street 24, Radom
Occupation office worker
Criminal record none
Relationship to the parties none

I was arrested by the local Gestapo on 30 March 1940. At the time they detained 25 persons from the Radom area. All were incarcerated. In the main, we were charged with belonging to illegal organizations. One of the arrestees was finally freed, while three were sent to a camp on 1 July 1940. The rest were executed by firing squad in Firlej. The killing was carried out in batches; the first group was dispatched on 16 May, the second on 24 May, and the third in July 1940. If I remember correctly, Józef Skumski and Władysław Radzinowski were murdered in July; I do not recollect any other surnames.

I was interrogated four times in the Gestapo building at Kościuszki Street; thrice, they beat me using the same method – one of the Gestapo men sat on my head, and the others whipped me with a wire coil and sticks. I was tortured in the room to the right of the second floor [illegible] entrance. I am unable to give a physical description of the perpetrators. I would like to stress that I was a member of a clandestine organization – I read underground newspapers, listened to the radio, and stored weapons. Among others, I was beaten by a slim blond man who spoke good Polish. Finally, on 16 July 1940, I was deported to the camp at Sachsenhausen (Oranienburg). My camp number was 27387P. In my transport, there were some 230 people from Radom. I was liberated by the American army near Schwerin on 2 May 1945.

The above is concordant with my oral testimony.

I would like to add that on 16 May 1940 two of my friends – Tadeusz Zając and Wacław Baryłkiewicz – were executed in Firlej. We saw the Germans collecting their personal items and loading them onto a truck in the [illegible] prison courtyard. They were taken from our cell at 8.00 a.m.

The above is concordant with my oral testimony.