On 8 November 1947, in Radom, attorney Zygmunt Glogier, member of the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Radom, based in Radom, heard the person named below as a witness without an oath. After being informed about the criminal liability for giving false testimony, the witness testified as follows:

Name and surname Jan Majewski
Age 47
Parents’ names Antoni and Józefa née Krzyżanowska
Place of residence Broni Street 4, flat 15, Radom
Occupation installation electrician
Criminal record none
Relationship to the parties none

On 21 August 1940, I was arrested by the local Gestapo after being denounced by Józef Anders, who lived with me and his family and knew that I had a radio. At the time, he had signed up for the Volksdeutsche list and wore a black uniform with a band inscribed Hakenkreuz. Gestapo men Erdman and Hugo Jungnik came for me, who immediately handcuffed me, took the radio and beat me. Five people were arrested along with me, and in the following days nine more of those who used to listen to this radio together with me were rounded up. I was taken to prison and from there I was transported twice to Kosciuszki for interrogation, and the third time I was questioned in prison. At Kosciuszki, as far as I remember, I was interrogated on the first or second floor, in a room on the right. The interrogators were Erdman, with Jungnik as a translator, and a ginger-haired fellow, known as Albino, whose surname is Schwiecker, at least that’s what Jadwiga Ćwieckiewiczowa told me. She’s the owner of the pub on Podjazdowa Street, where the ginger Albino often stayed. The first time I was beaten so badly that I couldn’t make it back to the cell. I was escorted by a Polish guard, Małecki, who later took me to Dr. Jankowski to dress my wounds. I was beaten by the ginger, Erdman, and Jungnik, who sat on my head and held me down. At the time of beating, I was handcuffed. For the second time, they also beat me, and the third time I was worked over the same way in prison. As I know from Banaczkowski, whose address I don’t know, Hugo Jungnik, who came from Łódź, has reportedly been rehabilitated and resides in Łódź. Józef Anders is in Radom prison; a case was brought against him for being a Volksdeutsche, and now he is supposed to have a second case for the accusations against me. I was judged by the Radom Sondergericht, who sentenced me to seven years in prison, Engineer Kowalczyk to five years, Stefan Białas to four years, Józef Jahaca to three years, Julian Banasikowski to two years, Karol Adamus to two years, Władysław Stojak to two years, Jan Stojak to two years, Józef Grzeszyk to two years, Piątek to two years, Lewandowski to two years, Wróblewski to two years, and my wife for half a year in prison. After the verdict (15 January 1941), we were taken to Kielce and from there to Pińczów, from where myself, as the one with the longest sentence, and Jozef Jahache were taken to the penal camp in Torgau, and from there to [illegible], then to Poznań, Sieradz, and then to Auschwitz. From there, I was taken to Buchenwald, where during the evacuation I was recaptured by the Americans on 11 April 1945. I should explain that all those who had sentences of more than five years [in prison] were, as a rule, deported to concentration camps.

This is my testimony.

The report was read out.