On 11 March 1948, citizen Janina Ordyńska, domiciled in Warsaw at Kaliska Street 17, flat 20, appeared upon summons before the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Warsaw, and made the following testimony in the presence of Andrzej Janowski, the clerk of the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Warsaw:

At the outbreak of the Warsaw Uprising I was in my flat at Świętojerska Street 16 in the Old Town. From 4 or 5 August 1944 (I don’t remember the exact date), I had been working in the sanitary post at Freta Street 10, which was situated in two, and later in three or four rooms on the left side of the corridor of the Home of the Warsaw Charitable Society. At first the post was rather a sort of a practice, only when (due to bombardment) a hospital from the Castle of Mazovian Princes by the Old Town Market Square was moved to us, was a regular sanitary post for approximately 20 people organized. We had two doctors (I don’t know their names) and, including me, eight members of the sanitary staff (for instance Jadwiga Sulińska).

On about 10 August (I don’t remember the exact date), our post was moved, due to bombardment, to two large basements abutting St. Hyacinth’s Church, where there were up to 60 injured people. The composition of the staff did not change. I know that the injured people were lying also in St. Hyacinth’s Church – by the church, in the sacristy, and in the corridor of the Home – but I cannot provide any details pertaining to these posts, I know only that there were many injured people there.

A few days before the surrender of the Old Town, the number of injured people in our post decreased markedly – on the doctors’ order, some of the injured people were moved to the hospital at Długa Street 7, and some to private flats, so the day before the German troops entered our premises our post comprised some dozen injured people and about six members of the sanitary staff.

On 2 September 1944 in the morning, the German troops captured our area, and I recognized both Germans and Ukrainians (I speak Ukrainian). What kind of force these units belonged to, I could not learn due to poor eyesight. I would like to emphasize that our post was marked with a clearly visible flag of the Red Cross. The German soldiers ordered all who could walk by themselves to leave the post immediately. The order was given by a German, the “Ukrainians” were standing nearby. Those who could walk, including me, left the post; only some six seriously injured people remained in the basements (including “Kwiatek”, “Powstaniec” – I didn’t know the rest), and, as far as I know, paramedic “Basia” who was lagging behind. What happened to those gravely injured people, I cannot tell.

The “Ukrainians” robbed us of valuables, dragged some young girl to the rubble and raped her, and then marched us all to an assembly point in a large square by the Citadel. I think that some several thousand people had been gathered there. Then the Germans robbed us again. After some time the whole crowd was marched to Wola. As we were approaching St. Adalbert’s Church, the escort (composed of Germans and “Ukrainians”) began to separate the men from the women. The men were herded to the church premises, and the women, after a short break, were marched to the Western Railway Station, from which we were deported to Pruszków. During the segregation, I noticed that a German soldier from our escort (I cannot tell what kind of division it was) shot a woman who did not want to be separated from her husband.